|actress & producer|
London, England, UK
Patricia Alma Hitchcock is an English actress and producer.
After graduating from Marymount High School in Los Angeles in 1947, she attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and also appeared on the London stage. In early 1949, her parents arrived to make Stage Fright, Hitchcock's first feature motion picture in England since going to Hollywood. Patricia did not know she would have a walk-on in the movie until her parents arrived. Because she bore a resemblance to the star, Jane Wyman, her father asked if she would mind also doubling for Wyman in the scenes that required danger driving.
She had small roles in three of her father's movies, Stage Fright (1950), playing a jolly acting student named Chubby Bannister, one of Wyman's school chums, Strangers on a Train (1951), playing Barbara Morton, future sister-in-law of Farley Granger, and Psycho (1960), playing Janet Leigh's plain-Jane office-mate, Caroline, who generously offers to share tranquilizers that her mother gave her for her wedding night.
As well as appearing in ten episodes of her father's half-hour television program Alfred Hitchcock Presents Patricia worked on a few others, including Playhouse 90, which was live, directed by John Frankenheimer. Acting for her father, however, remained the high point of her acting career, which she interrupted to raise her children.
- Stage Fright (1950) - cast: Chubby Bannister
- Strangers on a Train (1951) - cast: Barbara Morton
- Psycho (1960) - cast: Caroline (as Pat Hitchcock)
Alfred Hitchcock Presents...
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Into Thin Air (30/Oct/1955) - cast: Diana Winthrop (as Pat Hitchcock)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - The Older Sister (22/Jan/1956) - cast: Margaret (as Pat Hitchcock)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - The Belfry (13/May/1956) - cast: Ellie Marsh (as Pat Hitchcock)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - I Killed the Count: Part 1 (17/Mar/1957) - cast: Polly Stephens (as Pat Hitchcock)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - The Glass Eye (06/Oct/1957) - cast: Saleslady (as Pat Hitchcock)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Silent Witness (03/Nov/1957) - cast: Nancy Mason (as Pat Hitchcock)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - The Crocodile Case (25/May/1958) - cast: Aileen (as Pat Hitchcock)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - The Morning of the Bride (15/Feb/1959) - cast: Pat (as Pat Hitchcock)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - The Cuckoo Clock (17/Apr/1960) - cast: Dorothy (as Pat Hitchcock)
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents - The Schartz-Metterklume Method (12/Jun/1960) - cast: Rose (as Pat Hitchcock)
She has appeared in the following Hitchcockian documentaries...
- Omnibus: Hitchcock (BBC, 1986)
- Obsessed with Vertigo - New Life for Hitchcock's Masterpiece (1997)
- The Making of Psycho (1997)
- Reputations: Alfred Hitchcock (BBC, 1999)
- Close Up on Hitchcock (BBC, 1997)
- Dial H for Hitchcock (1999)
- All About The Birds (2000)
- Beyond Doubt - The Making of Hitchcock's Favorite Film (2000)
- Destination Hitchcock - The Making of North by Northwest (2000)
- Rear Window Ethics - Remembering and Restoring a Hitchcock Classic (2000)
- The Making of The Man Who Knew Too Much (2000)
- Saboteur - A Closer Look (2000)
- The Trouble with Marnie (2000)
- Plotting Family Plot (2001)
- The Story of Frenzy (2001)
- The Trouble with Harry Isn't Over (2001)
- Alfred Hitchcock and To Catch a Thief: An Appreciation (2002)
- Living Famously: Alfred Hitchcock (BBC, 2002)
- The Making of To Catch a Thief (2002)
- Writing and Casting To Catch a Thief (2002)
- The Hitchcocks on Hitch (2004)
- Mr. Hitchcock Meets the Smiths (2004)
- Personal History: Foreign Hitchcock (2004)
- Strangers on a Train: A Hitchcock Classic (2004)
- Le Crime était presque parfait: Tuer est horriblement difficile (2005)
- Pure Cinema: The Birth of the Hitchcock Style (2006)
- Alma: The Master's Muse (2008)
She is credited as a producer on the following documentaries:
- The Man on Lincoln's Nose (2000)
Selection of film frames: Patricia Hitchcock (click image to view larger version or refresh thumbnails)...